- Added by Joshua Burkhart
Probable issues with TBSM Event Mapping may include one or more of the following deficiencies.
- EIF Event Transmission is not Descriptive
- The EIF Event Transmission sent from the EIF Emitter on the TEMS does not contain enough information for the event to be correctly mapped to a TBSM Service Component.
- This indicates a deficiency in the Custom Situation
- The most probable solution to this issue is to modify each Custom Situation after better understanding the "BSM_Identity" value of the TBSM Service Component to which the event correlates.
- Incorrect EIF Probe Rules
- The rules defined in the EIF Probe incorrectly set the value of the "BSM_Identity" field.
- This indicates a deficiency in the kub.rules file (generated by the omnibusUpdater.sh script from the kub.baroc file).
- The most probable solution to this issue is to include a revised copy of the kub.rules file with the ITCAM for Applications Agent.
- Other possible solutions include modifying the kub.baroc file included with the ITCAM for Applications Agent or including a revised copy of the omnibusUpdater.sh script included with the ITCAM for Applications Agent.
- IdML Book is not Descriptive
- The IdML Book does not contain enough information for XMLToolkit to create a unique "BSM_Identity" value for each TBSM Service Component.
- This indicates a deficiency in the TMSDLA.
- The most probable solution to this issue is modification the TMSDLA included with the ITCAM for Applications Agent.
- Incorrect XMLToolkit Rules
- The XMLToolkit incorrectly sets the value of the "BSM_Identity" field.
- This indicates a deficiency in the EventIdentifierRules.xml file.
- The most probable solution to this issue is to discuss modification of the EventIdentifierRules.xml file with IBM's XMLToolkit team.
references: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolibsm/Enriching+IBM+Tivoli+Monitoring+%28ITM%29+Events+For+IBM+Tivoli+Business+Service+Manager+%28TBSM%29 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc/common/tbsm_c_product_architecture.html http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itcamt.doc_7.2/rt/User%20Guide/TBSM/tbsm_ref_omnibus.html http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247878.html?Open http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_4.1/bsma_evtc_tivolieifprobe.htm http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_4.1/bsma_evtc_itm.htm