Though TADDM includes a collection of icons, additional icons may be desired to help to easily identify CI's.
There are 5 required icons. The examples below use 'Postgres' as an example sensor.
- 3 topology icons – Used in topology graphs
- 1 topology tooltip icon – Used in topology graphs when the mouse hovers over the node
- Format: PNG
- Size: 130 x 65 pixels
- Path: '%COLLATION_HOME%\images\custom\tooltip'
- Filename convention: tooltip_postgres.png
- 1 tree icon – Used in the Discovered Components tree
- Format: PNG
- Size: 20 x 20 pixels
- Path: '%COLLATION_HOME%\images\custom\tree'
- Filename convention: postgres.png
The 5 icons described above must be placed into the below locations:
Icons should be packaged with the normal sensor packaging process.
Creating custom graphic icons:
When creating custom resource icons, one must complete the following items:
- Using the provided resource templates, create a default, dormant and state icon for every resource you want to add. This process is described in Section 1 below. You should always output 3 separate icons to represent each state.
- Create a Tool tip version of that resource icon. This icon should be based off the "default" state resource icon, but at a reduced size as detailed in Section 2 below.
- Create a Tree view icon . This icon should be based off the "default" resource icon as well, but at a much smaller side. 20pixels * 20pixels to be exact. Refer to section 3 below for more details
- Ensure the graphics you create will work by ensuring your using the correct file format, size, and style as provided in Section 4 below.
Section 1: Creating custom resource icons:
Section 2: Creating Tooltip version of your resource icon:
Section 3: Creating the Tree view icon for your resource:
Section 4: Templates and Source files:
Visual example of what you will find within the zip source files:
- Resource Icon: (bounding box and text box together)
- Resource Icon: (object metaphor)
- Treeview Icon: (default Gear image)