Features & Benefits
Monitor your entire network from a single EM12c-based Oracle Management Agent (OMA). Distinguish hosts that are Up, Down, Responding Slowly, or not resolvable in DNS. View summarized and detailed metrics on collections of hosts as well as individual hosts from within Oracle EM12c. The EM plugin for Ping Probe helps answer the following network availability related questions:
- How can I use EM to monitor network availability of thousands of hosts?
- How many of our hosts are Down?
- How many of our hostnames are unresolvable?
- Which portions of our network are experiencing slowness?
- What percentage of our hosts were up 100% of the time last month?
- How do ping response time compare across various customer geographies?
Latest Release Notes
- Packaged Oracle BI Publisher reports to that provide summarized information about the availability and responsiveness of collections of hosts as well as individual hosts
- Highly configurable out-of-the-box event thresholds with expert recommendations to reduce root cause analysis time
- Minimal impact via "Agentless" approach requires no installation on monitored devices
- Global ping configuration options for Ping timeout, Ping retry attempts, and Slow threshold as well as 'per host' over-rides
- Easily scaled to ping many thousands of hosts via multiple plug-in instances, polling intervals, and a option to specify the concurrent number of pings to be performed